This talk summarizes the work I have been developing about the significance of conformal symmetry of string theory. I argue that this principle of invariance is not a purely formal requirement as restoring it in quantized string theory has profound consequences that could not be obtained in the presence of a conformal anomaly.
- Alyssa Ney, “Wave Function Realism in a Relativistic Setting”
- UPDATED: Jesse Prinz: The Scientific Construction of Kinds
- Matthew Stanley: The Uniformity of Natural Laws: A Historical Perspective from Victorian Britain
- MAPS: First Talk Spring Semester by Massimo Pigliucci (CUNY)
- MAPS Mini-Workshop in Philosophy of Physics